Wednesday, July 15, 2009

HeeRRRRooooo

Hey hey hey now... my name is Tess. I was born on the East coast, but I currently reside right here in San Diego, California. I went to school locally and graduated from Rancho Bernardo High School many years ago. My next stop was junior college where I received an Associates Degree from San Diego Community College District and even more exciting, just this past May, I earned my Bachelor’s degree from California State University San Marcos in Human Development, with an emphasis in Children Services. I have a strong personal interest in Music, Performing Arts, and Art programs and hope to work in Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) programs in the near future. As a musician, I want to focus my time, efforts, and talents in these areas of Arts and guide those in this field as well as evolve as a musician, professional, and educator.

At this moment in time I am currently a PC user. I rarely get the opportunity to use a MAC, and when I do I tend to get pretty frustrated when it does not act as a PC would just because I am so used to it. Although after this course I think I may change my mind, I kind of already have just after the one day. It is funny how things change when you actually KNOW what you are doing! I depend on technology more than I should I am sure, I use it on a daily basis; it is plain and simply MY LIFE! Everything I do is technology based, if my computer or phone are not working, I am a complete wreck. I am currently using Microsoft Office 2007 and sometimes still get quite frustrated with it.

The part of the CSUSM/COE Mission Statement that speaks to me is the mention of "life-long learning". Though it was not a factor in my decision to apply or attend at CSUSM, I feel as though it is the part that I agree with the most. As a future educator I feel as though I will be learning from my students as I teach them and that is extremely important to me.

1 comment: